Friday, November 12, 2010

Turkey Favors

My mom asked me and my son Lucas to make the Thanksgiving favors this year.  When I went into Michaels, I was totally disheartened to see that right after Halloween they skip over Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas!! How sad is that?!?! So I had to be creative and come up with a favor on my own…no kits for kiddies.  I bought fall colored jingle bells, small foam leaves (which I cut down to be that funny thing that hangs from the turkey’s mouth), googly eyes, wooden hearts, and fall colored feathers.  Lucas painted the hearts brown for the turkey’s feet and with a little hot glue these guys came out kinda cute! I also added a magnet onto the back so they could be used on the frig. 

**Note: In turning the jingle bell so that the part you would put the string is the face, it makes the turkey’s nose!!

IMG_2131

0 comments:

Post a Comment