Thursday, July 1, 2010

“The world is but a canvas to the imagination.” — Henry David Thoreau

So I decided to let my creativity out this week. I wanted to make a bank for Peyton and I once saw this JOY bank in the Christian Living Store that looked like the picture to the right. I thought it was such a great idea to have something like this for our kids to teach them about giving to others as well as to God before thinking about ourselves. When I designed Lucas' room last year into a sports theme, I found these baseball banks...and turned them into the JOY banks and kept within the sports theme. I wanted to do the same for Peyton. It took me awhile to find banks for her. I ended up going to Michaels and getting these wooden banks...then turned them into JOY banks...of course I had to use the crown for the "you" bank because she's a princess ;)


For Peyton's
baptism she received a few pieces of jewelry and I realized this chicky needs a jewelry box. So out came my creativity again! I bought this wooden jewelry box from Michaels...have I said how much I LOVE that store?? lol I stained it and then added
some doodling along with the "Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice" phrase from the "What Little Girls are Made Of" poem. I painted the letters of her name and added them to the top and lastly took a yellow dish towel and lined the box with it.

My creative wheels are turning for a father's day gift for my dad and Joe...we'll see what comes out of it next :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment