Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cheesy Baked Tortellini

My cousin, JP, came to stay with me for a week and during that time I cooked up a storm. It’s hard to experiment with cooking when you’re married to a vegan…needless to say, I had fun!  I made this recipe for him and it was a hit!  The original recipe called for smoked mozzarella…personally, I’m not a fan.  So I just used regular. 

P.S. buy the fresh stuff…it makes ALL the difference!  Enjoy :)

Ingredients:

Olive oil
2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 pound purchased cheese tortellini
2 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan

 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish.

Whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. (Don’t over cook as they will cook in the oven) Drain. Add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat. Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top the mixture with the  mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment