Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Autumn Harvest Decos :)

So today I completed two more autumn harvest decorations forIMG_1733 Peyton’s 1st birthday party. 
I started with the large pumpkin that was initially while….painted it Valspar Metallic and then went to my silhouette.  This pumpkin is big so I wanted to use it as a IMG_1765welcome sign when guests arrive.  I printed  “welcome” with my SIL on vinyl and put it on the front of the pumpkin (Verdana font) .  I put “Autumn” and “Harvest” on the three stacked pumpkins as demonstrated by my lovely assistantIMG_1766 (my hubby).  I’ll get to those in a bit.  From here I went to Michaels and found 5 different ribbons that I liked…different thicknesses…and cut them between 6 and 8 inches long each.  I batched them up in 5’s  and tied them together at the top.  Next I hot glued them toe the stem of the pumpkin.  One of the ribbons had wire so  IMG_1779 I twisted it and when I got the look I wanted I used some tacky glue (scrapbooking stash) to hold it down.  Lastly, I used cute orange buttons on the stem to hide the hot glued part of the ribbon. 
Kinda cute, right?!?!IMG_1780
These dollar store beauties, again were transformed from drab to fabIMG_1731 using my friend Valspar Metallic and the SIL…added the words “autumn” and “harvest”…wrapped these cute beads-on-a-vine (as seen in my previous post) around them and Ta Da!IMG_1777
These guys are perfect for my daughter’s Autumn Harvest 1st birthday party theme!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the 3 pumpkins!! Super cute! They would be really cute at the front of your house too!! Good job!!

Post a Comment