Ingredients for pasta:
- 1 pound uncooked penne
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sundried tomatoes …I eyeballed the amount, just make sure you’re cutting them into bite sized pieces and that there’s a good amount throughout.
- 1 large garlic clove
- Cooking spray
Ingredients for topping:
- Breadcrumbs ….just enough to sprinkle on top!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions, Drain; keep warm.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Sauté garlic and sundried tomatoes until soft. Remove from heat.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook 10 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; add cheeses, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in salt and black pepper and sundried tomato mixture. Add cooked pasta, stirring to coat. Spoon pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in breadcrumbs until well combined. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over pasta mixture.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley.